Micah 7:18 Who is a God like You, Pardoning iniquity And passing over the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He does not retain His anger forever, Because He delights in mercy..

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

What are you waiting for?

This is going to be just a series of questions; I am not going to provide any answers, just a short explanation, and then just some questions.


Through the years, my wife and I have come across many couples, who will say things like “when we get the money” or “we cannot afford kids right now”. Maybe even “there are so many things going on right now we just cannot do it”. Now not all these things need to be said by couples, they can be said by anyone.


I guess the reason for this post and these questions is to get you to move beyond yourself, to move out where God has called you. Maybe it is just a dream that you want to fulfill, or new career you would like to pursue. There are many detractors in life, I have mine, and I know you have yours, like me, you too may very well be your own detractor at times, my goal is to stir you into action that will fulfill your calling, or your dream.


If you are a believer then hear these words of Jesus before I ask the first question, ponder it thoughtfully and prayerfully before you go any further. Jesus said, “If you love me, you will obey what I command...If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching...He who does not love me will not obey my teaching (John 14:15, 23-24)


The reason I chose this verse is simple, first we are all called to service, secondly, when we are gifted with certain talents and do not use them, then we are in disobedience. I am called to the ministry, in the beginning I did not want to be apart of this, but that has changed. One thing I know, we have a choice, but even in that choice, we are not exempt from being obedient. If I had not left my home to pursue what God had called me to, that would be disobedience, but that choice was mine. So, as you ponder these things ponder also this, does God continue to bless us when we are disobedient to His will, His word, and His call?


Let us begin the questions!


1) Do you have unresolved issues with God?

2) What is your talent or gift?

3) Do you have a desire to do something other than what you are doing?

4) Are you using your gift or talent where you are to serve God?

4) Are you living up to your potential?

5) Do you really trust God?

6) Has God called you to do something new?

7) Has God sent you a sign?

8) Why do you doubt Him?

9) Why are you still when called into action?


Okay, that is the deal, I think for each of those questions if you are very honest with God and yourself you should be able to raise at least one or more questions of your own off each of the questions above. I understand how it is when people tell you that you cannot do it, that you just do not have the skill or talent. I understand more than you know to look at your bank account and see single digit figures, trust me I know. More importantly I know this, Philippians 4:19 says “And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.”

If we skip back a few verses, we also find out in Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through him who strengthens me.”

So, that brings me to my last question.

What are you waiting for?

2 comments:

  1. Wow!
    I enjoyed this post.I guess more importantly I got alot out of it. It was just like a sermon. You are gonna make an amazing preacher.
    I saw myself in so many of those questions. I don't know what I am personally waiting for. Thanks for the sermon Brother Steve LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, Diana is right. That was like a sermon. Very well said, my brother!

    It certainly makes "me" think.

    May the Lord find us all faithful to His call and will for our lives!

    ReplyDelete