Micah 7:18 Who is a God like You, Pardoning iniquity And passing over the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He does not retain His anger forever, Because He delights in mercy..

Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Master's Miracles (Message 2)

The weather is absolutely beautiful, we have had a Canadian cold mass blow in and we have had days in the 70's and nights in the 50's. The sun has been shining, you know those partly cloutdy days, where you have blue skies and white fluffy clouds, well if you can pitcure that ou know the wonder of the days we have had this week.
We looked at Matthew 14, this week where the disciples are sent out to sea by Jesus and they being obedient go and they find that the weather has gotten rough, a strong head wind, these guys were working it hard just to keep from getting blow backwards, well here comes Jesus walking on the water and now they are really afraid. They cry out it is a ghost but to their surprise Jesus calls out "Fear Not, It is I." Now you have Peter and he says Lord if it is You command me to come to You on the water. Notice Peter did not say in the water, He said on the water. Peter acted in faithful obedience to the command of Jesus and the result was a miracle. Faith + Obedience = Miracle. We can not expect a miracle if we do not have those two ingredients front and center in our walk. I related a story about how I had a meeting in Macon, MO this week and how God had laid it on my heart to come to the church and fix our basketball goal, well I dropped the kids off for VBS and ran a couple of other errands and when I was set to leave for church and my meeting it was pouring the rain. Well I knew God had placed it on my heart to fix the thing, so I went on in spite of the rain but the further I drove the harder the rain fell, and it was raining so hard by the time I reached Macon, you could hardly see it was raining so hard. Well I had prayed on the way "God I know that You have done a lot for me, and I should not ask but could you stop the rain long enough for me to fix the basketball goal" Well I got about two miles form the church and it was still pouring, and I drove to the church and when I turned into the driveway it went to a sprinkle and by the time I got to the basketball goal it had stopped completely. Well I got the goal fixed without a drop of rain and after I fixed it I shot three shots and no sooner than the last went through the hoop and hit the ground it began to pour again. Well the moral of the story is that sometimes, many times we need to act in faith and obedience expecting that God is going to work that miracle. Now I know there are those who would say preacher what if it had not quit raining, well I would not have had a story to tell, but I still would have fix that goal. And that is where the test of our faith and obedience are checked. Will we still be faithful and obedient even in the face of our storms and trials, will we still go where God wants us to go, we will still say what he wants us to say?
Well I have had a full day and I am ready to spend some time with the wife and kids just relaxing watching some old TV shows.

Grace and Peace to you all and again there will be a link to the sermon if you just click the title.

No comments:

Post a Comment