Micah 7:18 Who is a God like You, Pardoning iniquity And passing over the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He does not retain His anger forever, Because He delights in mercy..

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Unconventional Faithfulness of God

It is not an ironic thing, just another testimony of the unconventional faithfulness of God. A week ago today our three year old American Eskimo, Jasper died unexpectedly, Thursday my wife had a cartilage graft done on her knee. So, I am having to be dad, nurse, cook, maid, driver and all the other duties that go into raising a family of four, when one spouse is down.
Sunday was a long day I left the house at 7:40 and got home about 5:40. I got to the church about 45 minutes before Sunday school so I could spend some time in prayer over the visitor cards as I placed them into the pews. I want to be the kind of minister that practices what he preaches, over the last month I have been preaching that as a people of God when we are faithful, obedient, and humble, that is when we could and really should expect God to work miracles in our midst. Well, as I was saying I was praying over the visitor cards and placing the in the pews, I finished with the cards that I had about 10 minutes before anyone arrived at the church, one of the elders was the first to arrive and I told him what I had been doing, we talked for a few minuted and then, I went on and finished preparing my material for the Sunday school lesson. Wouldn't you know it, just as we were getting ready to begin the song service, I turned and in walked two visitors. God is so Awesome, and He made a certain impression on the people, after the service I herd them telling each other about what had went on earlier that morning. I can take no credit, but I can say Thank You God for being so faithful. Even when it seems the whole world is falling in around me, God is there in our midst, faithful as ever and usually working miracles.
Well, during the message we were looking at the 1st and 2nd chapter of Hosea, we spent some time looking at the meaning of the names of Hosea's children. We looked at how God used the marriage between Hosea and Gomer, to give a reflective view of the marriage relationship between God and His people, see Gomer had gone astray and played the harlot and so too had the people of Israel, and when we look at the condition of the church at large today, so have we, in many aspects. Twisting the word, allowing openly sinful people into positions of authority in the church. Let's be honest it is spiritual harlotry and the church needs to turn form its many lovers and return before it is too late.
If you like to listen to the sermon in its entirety you may do so by either visiting our ministry web site or by clicking on the title of this post.
I pray that you have a blessed week and I can not wait to see what God has in store for us this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment